The Joy of Care
Our handbags are designed to last a lifetime and bring you total joy! But in order for them to stand the test of time, they need to be cared for in the right way. This guide has been thoughtfully put together to help you ensure that your most treasured pieces will continue to bring you joy for years to come!
Looking after your leather goods starts with day-to-day care. By following just a few simple rules, you can avoid unnecessary wear and tear and extend the life of your accessories for years!
- Leather is a skin, and it can stretch. Avoid overfilling your handbag, purse or wallet to maintain its original silhouette.
- Take the time each week to wipe away dust and spots with a soft cloth or brush. We suggest you use Pedag products to assist you.
- Scratches can detract from a flawlessly crafted piece. Take care to avoid contact with heavily embellished clothes, sharp surfaces, or chunky jewellery when you are out and about.
- Wet leather requires extra care, so if rain is forecast, remember to take an umbrella
Do's & Don'ts
A simplified guide on how to clean and maintain your leather goods!
- Do regularly clean leather with a soft brush or cloth. We recommend cleaning products such as Pedag. Always test any cleaning products in a hidden spot on your bag before using all over
- Do regularly air out leather
- Do blot away water or moisture ASAP
- Do keep leather supple with a specialised leather conditioner every 3-6 months
- Do clean spots and stains with a mixture of soap flakes and warm water
- Do use a steam cleaner to disinfect and remove buildup from regular use
And the Don'ts...
- Don't ever machine wash leather
- Don't dry wet leather next to a radiator or with a hairdryer
- Don't immerse leather in water
Pedag Cleaning Compilation
This 3 part solvent free cleaning system is out top recomendation to keep your bags in tip-top shape!
Scroll to the bottom of this page for a 3 step guide to using the products.
Many of us have spent a significant amount of time trying to think how best to store our Sarah Haran collection in the most creative and practical ways! From cupboards being built, to outdoor storage areas being designed, we have done it all. Below are our 4 key steps to storing your bag correctly to help maintain their shape and protect their leather...
- Always stuff your bag to keep the handbag's silhouette.
- Always store your bag in her dust bag provided to avoid scratches.
- Store all bags away from direct sunlight and artificial sources of heat (e.g. radiators and boilers).
- Avoid stacking bags on top of other bags as this can damage the leather.
Accidents Happen . . .
Our handbags are designed to be used. We craft our bags in top quality Italian leather to ensure their longevity, however we all know accidents can happen. Little scrapes or scratches here and there may well occur. Minor repairs can be carried out at home and here are some guides to assist.
We take great pride in the design and craftmanship of our products. In the unlikely event that something did go wrong, we offer all of our customers a lifetime gurantee.
Scrapes or Scratches
You pop your bag on the floor or knock it off a wall, scrapes or scratches can happen! We'd recommend shoe dye to colour in any scrapes or scratches.
A Spring Clean
Our bags bring joy and we want them to last you a lifetime! Every so often you should give your handbag a spring clean to help maintain the appearance of the leather using the Pedag guide below.
Pedag 3 Step System
Follow these 3 simple steps using your 3 Pedag products to give your bags the best life possible!
1. Pure Cleanser
First remove loose dirt with a brush or cloth. Moisten a clean brush with water. Shake the bottle and spray some of the cleaner onto the brush or the surface to be cleaned. Then scrub the entire surface until plenty of foam is produced. Always treat back and front the same way to avoid colour differences after drying. Remove excess foam with a cloth and repeat the application if necessary. Once the bag is clean, allow it to dry at room temperature for 24 hours. After drying, polish any smooth leather and brush up suede.
2. Deep Conditioner
First clean and allow to dry. Shake the bottle and apply a small amount of the care lotion to the micro-fibre cloth (on a brush for suede leather). Then spread the care over the entire surface and rub in. Always treat back and front the same to avoid colour differences after drying. Allow to dry at room temperature for 10 minutes. After drying, polish smooth leather and brush up suede.
3. Natural Protector
Ensure that the surface is clean - product can be worked into the still wet material. Shake the bottle and spray the waterproofer from approx. 15 cm evenly onto the entire surface until it has become damp. Now massage in thoroughly with a brush (suede leather) or a soft cloth (smooth leather) so that the active ingredient can penetrate deeply into the material. For particularly good results, repeat application two to three times, wait 10 minutes before each application. Finally, wait another 10 minutes, then remove any excess impregnator to avoid colour differences after drying. Allow to dry at room temperature for 24 hours. After drying, polish smooth leather and brush up suede.